New Quebec COVID-19 restrictions include capacity restrictions in retailDecember 21, 2021
In response to the steep rise in COVID cases, the following measures have been put in place:
- Capacity limits of 50%:
- Retailers: same formula as in Spring of 2021 – 1 person per 20 m2.
- Restaurants: maximum of 10 people per table or occupants from 3 residences.
- Social distancing of 2 metres for employees and customers.
- Mandatory teleworking.
- Bars, cinemas, theatres, gyms, and spas must close.
- Restaurants are limited to operating between 5am and 10pm. Takeout is available after 10pm.
- Mandatory wearing of masks in workplaces.
- Maximum of 10 people at private meetings (hotels, etc.).
- Office parties, karaoke and dance are prohibited.
- All schools are closing December 21, 2021 with the exception of universities for exams that cannot be postponed.
- Return to classes is postponed to January 10, 2022.
- Childcare services will continue to be open until the December 24, 2021.
- Primary schools remain accessible for testing and vaccination.
- CPEs and daycares remain open.
For more information about the updated measures, please visit the Government of Quebec’s website and the press release (in French only).
For questions or more information contact
Director, Government Relations (Quebec)